Sometimes QuickBooks error 1712 might occur during the installation or removal of any program that necessitates a reboot. It can also because of any other causes listed below.
1. Your QuickBooks desktop has corrupted data files.
2. Within the same machine, only minor changes have been made to the software.
3. You're attempting to install QuickBooks in a corrupted or coded folder.
4. Adware, spyware, and viruses are examples of malevolent software.
5. Your software has some registry problems or corruption.