Sometimes, you need to remove McAfee that you have deployed via mcafee.com/activate from your device because of various reasons. One reason could be that you wish to install the latest version of the software. Another reason for doing so could be that it is hampering your other activities and you are unable to download certain programs because of it. In this situation, you can try to go through the below-mentioned solutions which will help you to remove McAfee from the device on which you have installed it. Method 1-Uninstall from the Windows Control Panel
Open your device on which you are using McAfee and go to its search bar. Now, type “Control Panel” and select the Control Panel tab from the list of results. After this, select the “Programs” option and then click on “Programs and Features”. Upon locating “McAfee”, right-click on it and select the option that reads as.
To complete the removal process, you have to follow some on-screen prompts and you will be done removing the software from your device. If this method doesn’t work, you can go for the next method. Method 2- Use McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool (MCPR)
You must save all the open files and close all the programs before you start running the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool. Also, note that you should download its fresh copy for each use. Before you start:
To begin running the tool, you have to download it from the official website of Mcafee.com/activate. When it opens, click on the “Next” option and then click “Agree” when the End User License Agreement (EULA) dialog box appears. When the security validation screen appears, you have to type characters exactly as shown in the figure. (Note: the characters are case-sensitive and you have to enter it exactly as shown) After typing the characters, click on the “Next” option. This action will prevent the accidental use of the tool. When the MCPR tool completes the removal process, you may see one of the following messages:
Removal Complete Cleanup Unsuccessful
Now, you have to take the action according to the message you see. If you see the “Removal Complete” message, then you have to restart the computer to complete the process. If the “Cleanup unsuccessful” appears, you can try to download the MCPR tool again and restart your PC.
To sum up -
This is how you can remove your McAfee software from your device. But removing antivirus software might lead you to an unbearable situation. Hence, it is recommended to install the software again after removing it.
Instructions to download and activate MacAfee Antivirus Products without facing any Errors.
• Go to http://mcafee(.)com/activate and Sign Up (McAfee products you purchased will be on the McAfee page)
• Click and install to download Setup. (The download process will start immediately)
• Now go to the settings file (folder Downloads) and double click the settings file to start the installation.
• Press on the speed to start the installation. (You should read these Terms and Conditions and click on Confirm.)
• MacAfee security software must be installed on your device. So, Click on Finish to complete the process.
How to redeem/activate McAfee Retail Card?
• Read the instructions on the MacAfee promo card before redeeming / activating the McAfee safe.
• Go to the link. translation http://www.mcafee(.)com/activate.
• Fill in your 25 entry code for McAfee to activate. (Look for it on a shopping card)
• Click the 'Submit' button and follow the instructions that follow.
McAfee CDs or DVDs are good in cases where the internet connection is slow and downloading your product can be a problem. They are also great if you want to install a quick fix for some reason - since they have all the required files in one place. But, DVD does not give you the benefit of updating its programs and content only.
Steps to install McAfee products
• Go to McAfee Antivirus software and open it. (It will launch a new window on your screen that will ask you to log in to MacAfee to activate the product key of your package.)
• Enter the 25-item product number sent to you by the McAfee team when purchasing the product and click activate. http://www.mcafee(.)com/activate dell (A pop-up alert will tell you about the activation of your McAfee products)
• You can restart your system to complete the process.
Hope This Helps You Out.